Join our zoo community
Maguari

Red Giant Flying Squirrel Off-show at Prague Terrarium, 26/08/12

[i]Petaurista petaurista petaurista[/i] With the greatest of thanks to Terrarium staff for letting us have a look.

Red Giant Flying Squirrel Off-show at Prague Terrarium, 26/08/12
Maguari, 16 Oct 2012
    • Maguari
      Petaurista petaurista petaurista

With the greatest of thanks to Terrarium staff for letting us have a look.
    • TeaLovingDave
      You're just trying to make us all insanely jealous now :p
    • Maguari
      Heehee! :D

I've kept it minimal with the offshow pictures out of courtesy to the Terrarium - but I thought a few people might be interested enough for it to be worth sharing a close-up of each of the three 'stars' as we weren't specifically asked to refrain from posting.

There was a meerkat in this room too, notable only because it kept going for my knees while I was trying to photograph the squirrel!

Interestingly, I'd never seen a single flying squirrel in my life before this trip - then we saw three species in one trip!
    • TeaLovingDave
      Oh, I'm very glad you did share these photos :p

What were the other two flying squirrel species, incidentally?
    • Maguari
      European Flying Squirrel (Pteromys volans) at Chomutov and Southern Flying Squirrel (Glaucomys volans) at Pilsen. :)
    • TeaLovingDave
      Nice :) currently I am in the no-flying-squirrels boat myself. Sounds like on top of my planned visit sometime to the Low Countries (ie Netherlands and Belgium), visit to Berlin and visit to Parc Des Felins, I need to add a Czech visit!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Terarium Praha
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    16 Oct 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    167.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.0
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S7000
    Date / Time:
    2012:08:26 09:45:18
    Exposure Time:
    10/600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    17 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).