Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Red Panda Exhibit - Detroit Zoo

July 2008. An extremely large enclosure with lots of trees and hiding places for the pandas.

Red Panda Exhibit - Detroit Zoo
snowleopard, 15 Jul 2008
    • snowleopard
      July 2008. An extremely large enclosure with lots of trees and hiding places for the pandas.
    • groundskeeper24
      When I saw this enclosure I wondered what was originally housed in it. Bears perhaps? I kinda doubt it was always red pandas, but I don't know for certain.
    • Baldur
      This is one of the 1930s exhibits, the rockwork tells it to me, and they have used them for a number of species over the years. In 2003 I remember seeing in one like this some kind of Eagle, it was just walking on the grass, made no attempt to escape and probably could not because it could not fly, guessing it was there for rehab reasons. A US zoo person I was there with told me Detroit's director liked to rescue animals and use up the exhibit space for them, almost making the whole zoo an animal sanctuary instead of a conservation park.
    • mstickmanp
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Detroit Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    15 Jul 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    519.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ5
    Date / Time:
    2008:07:06 11:31:55
    Exposure Time:
    10/3200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    4.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).