Join our zoo community
Toddy

Ree Park - Cheetah enclosure

The huge main cheetah enclosure. Absolutely the best I have seen. Once or twice a day you can see the cheetahs chasing a peace of meat dragged along a long wire. A spectacular sight! This enclosure really imitates the african savannah great. July 2008

Ree Park - Cheetah enclosure
Toddy, 12 Nov 2008
    • Toddy
      The huge main cheetah enclosure. Absolutely the best I have seen. Once or twice a day you can see the cheetahs chasing a peace of meat dragged along a long wire. A spectacular sight! This enclosure really imitates the african savannah great.
      July 2008
    • snowleopard
      This does appear to be an incredible enclosure, but I wonder how often the cheetahs are actually visible. At the National Zoo in Washington D.C. the cheetah exhibit was nowhere as large or lush, and it was almost impossible to spot the big cats. (pun intended). However, many of the Ree Park exhibits are huge in size and that is a great thing to see in a zoo.
    • Toddy
      @snowleopard: Ree Park is a fantastic zoo and I have a feeling that most of the members here on ZooChat would agree if they visited the place. The park also does a huge effort and conservation and breeding endangered species. They have so far had 10 cheetah cubs in only 3 years. They currently keep 8.10 cheetahs.

The enclosure here is indeed huge and very naturalistic and lush. The cheetahs can be very hard to spot and there is no guarantee of seeing one. This is one of the things that I really like about the enclosure. The cheetahs are hard to spot, just like in the wild, and they can get away from the visitors, which is good for such shy animals. I would definately recommend showing up at feeding time also to see them run.

There are also two smaller exhibits adjacent to the main enclosure, where the chances of sighting a cheetah is a little bit better.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Ree Park - Ebeltoft Safari
    Uploaded By:
    Toddy
    Date:
    12 Nov 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    273.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    989px
    Height:
    742px
    Aperture:
    f/8.0
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    E-510
    Date / Time:
    2008:07:30 17:53:25
    Exposure Time:
    1/160 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).