Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Regenstein Center for African Apes - Lincoln Park Zoo

July 2008.

Regenstein Center for African Apes - Lincoln Park Zoo
snowleopard, 26 Jul 2008
    • mstickmanp
      Lincoln Park zoo has probably one of the best indoor gorilla/chimp exhibits.
      Grant likes this.
    • snowleopard
      I agree. Looking at the photos of both the indoor and outdoor exhibits I'm truly shocked at how many climbing opportunities there are for the apes.
    • Zooplantman
      All true....but it looks like the lobby of a skyscraper, with apes.
      A good holding area for apes, yes, but what is the conservation education value of it? Do visitors feel let alone comprehend what is going on in central Africa?
    • snowleopard
      Good point Zooplantman, and I understand your feelings. I simply think that the indoor exhibits at the Lincoln Park Zoo offer much more for the apes than countless other zoos...and the outdoor exhibits are some of the best of their kind. An example of enclosures that aren't massive, but are instead quite complex.
    • zooman
      A great indoor exhibit, the gorillas spend allot of time here and can be found inside even on days of good weather!

The exhibit however has no space for privacy for the gorillas. It is now fact that the gorillas would prefer the huge viewing windows to be filtered with ivy/camoflage net Something! I know this will not happen. Just belive it is worth mentioning this while we sing its prasises.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lincoln Park Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    26 Jul 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    295.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ5
    Date / Time:
    2008:07:03 12:52:34
    Exposure Time:
    10/300 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 125
    Focal Length:
    4.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).