Join our zoo community
The Speeding Carnotaurus

Renovation Plans for Baboon Island

These are the plans for the new plaza at Brookfield Zoo

Renovation Plans for Baboon Island
    • drill
      Terrible.
    • pachyderm pro
      @drill um, why exactly? This looks like a very nice little project that will definitely modernize what has been a part of the zoo that has been in a state of despair for a while now. Sure, I wish that a new animal exhibit would have taken the space, but it still looks quite good on its own.
    • snowleopard
      So...underwhelming would be my first word choice in this situation. Something had to be done to replace the outdated mock-rock 'Baboon Blob Island' but the upcoming Hamill Family Nature Plaza would definitely not have been my first choice. A prime piece of land that would have been a substantial area for a new animal exhibit is going to be turned into a pleasant but mediocre addition to the zoo. Brookfield Zoo continues to slowly deteriorate...
    • drill
      Brookfield Zoo deteriorates on the macro, but not in the micro. No expansions, but many awesome rare additions like Texas blind salamander, Chinese giant salamander, and others.
    • Coelacanth18
      Brookfield also has 200+ acres of land, so it's not exactly hurting for exhibit space.
    • drill
      @Coelacanth18 and half of it are used for gift shops and restaurants.
    • The Speeding Carnotaurus
      As shown in the bottom right picture, but not mentioned in the description, the plaza will also be used for animal ambassadors.
    • zoomaniac
      @snowleopard I couldn't write it better myself. Waste of space (no matter if Brookfield has enough of it).
      snowleopard likes this.
    • JOSEPH E KOSIEK
      Let's wait and see, any new idea's should be welcomed and it will be good for the kids.
    • DavidBrown
      Did this plan get developed yet, or is the old baboon exhibit still sitting there with a fence around it?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Brookfield Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    The Speeding Carnotaurus
    Date:
    24 Feb 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    5.3 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).