snowleopard

Reptile House (New in 2014) - 25-foot long awesome snake rug/tapestry

July 30th, 2015.

Reptile House (New in 2014) - 25-foot long awesome snake rug/tapestry
snowleopard, 1 Aug 2015
    • snowleopard
      July 30th, 2015.
    • Arizona Docent
      This looks like a very nice addition. When I was there last summer it was under construction. My previous visit had been ten years prior and there had not been one single improvement or addition in all that time - in fact there was actually less as one complex of small mammal enclosures was empty and the nocturnal building was virtually empty. I am glad to see they finally have a new addition.
    • snowleopard
      The new Reptile House includes much-needed washrooms, a drinking fountain, 3,150 sq. ft. of space, an outdoor 3,000 sq. ft. patio and 16 terrariums filled with desert-dwelling reptiles. The building was able to be constructed because a single individual donated one million dollars to the zoo.
    • Loxodonta Cobra
      What species are kept in this new house?
    • snowleopard
      One lizard and the rest are all snakes.

Species List (15 total in 16 terrariums): Western Hognose Snake, Great Plains Ratsnake, Trans-Pecos Ratsnake, Green Ratsnake, Gray-Banded Kingsnake, Desert Kingsnake, Desert Massasauga, New Mexico Milk Snake, Coachwhip, Gopher Snake, Banded Rock Rattlesnake, Mottled Rock Rattlesnake, Blacktail Rattlesnake, Western Diamondback Rattlesnake (2 exhibits) and Gila Monster.
      David Peden likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Living Desert Zoo and Gardens State Park
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    1 Aug 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count: