Join our zoo community
Chlidonias

Reptile House

a row of glass-fronted enclosures for reptiles. I have no idea what was in here because I could not get close enough to find out!! Behind this house was an outdoors, glass-walled enclosure for Chinese alligators, which was quite large, well-planted, and very acceptable. On the maps around the zoo, this house is called Amphibious Venus which I interpreted as Reptile Heaven (there is also Bear Venus etc), but on the signboard with a description of the history of the zoo it says Venue rather than Venus, so I think that is what it is meant to say. October 2013

Reptile House
Chlidonias, 3 Oct 2013
    • Chlidonias
      a row of glass-fronted enclosures for reptiles. I have no idea what was in here because I could not get close enough to find out!!

Behind this house was an outdoors, glass-walled enclosure for Chinese alligators, which was quite large, well-planted, and very acceptable.

On the maps around the zoo, this house is called Amphibious Venus which I interpreted as Reptile Heaven (there is also Bear Venus etc), but on the signboard with a description of the history of the zoo it says Venue rather than Venus, so I think that is what it is meant to say.

October 2013
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Suzhou Zoo (Closed)
    Uploaded By:
    Chlidonias
    Date:
    3 Oct 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count: