Join our zoo community
SMR

Reticulated Python Vivarium - 29/01/2011

The reticulated python vivarium in Realm of the Red Ape is being developed and both pythons are currently off-show. The size of the enclosure is being increased and will encompass one of the outdoor viewing windows, allowing the pythons to see out and, if suitable climbing arrangements can be made, the orangs to see in. The enclosure will also have a facility for it to be divided, allowing it to be cleaned without having to extract the snakes (not a job I'd want with a 6.7m python).

Reticulated Python Vivarium - 29/01/2011
SMR, 30 Jan 2011
devilfish likes this.
    • SMR
      The reticulated python vivarium in Realm of the Red Ape is being developed and both pythons are currently off-show.

The size of the enclosure is being increased and will encompass one of the outdoor viewing windows, allowing the pythons to see out and, if suitable climbing arrangements can be made, the orangs to see in. The enclosure will also have a facility for it to be divided, allowing it to be cleaned without having to extract the snakes (not a job I'd want with a 6.7m python).
    • OrangePerson
      I like the idea of the pythons spending their days gazing out of the window, licking their ls when they see the kestral, hope the orangs don't get too much of a shock when they investigate.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    SMR
    Date:
    30 Jan 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    469.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1068px
    Aperture:
    f/10.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Date / Time:
    2011:01:29 10:34:53
    Exposure Time:
    1/80 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1250
    Focal Length:
    32 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).