Join our zoo community
Mr Wrinkly

Reticulated Python

Reticulated Python
Mr Wrinkly, 3 Jan 2019
    • Mr Wrinkly
      Not a good picture, I know.
      However the male has been there about a year and this is the first time I saw them together, and according to a keeper, it was one of the first times, and they believe there has been attempts at breeding.
      Iffy, the male at the back, was much smaller when he arrived than the female, Fifi (there may be a shortage of letters at TZ) and stayed mostly out of sight or far from her. He is still quite a bit smaller.
      ZooBinh and meadowvale like this.
    • TZFan
      Glad to see he has become comfortable and we will hopefully be able to see him more in the future. Do you know if there are plans to hatch any eggs produced?
    • Mr Wrinkly
      Ha - did not think of that but will try to find out.
    • TZFan
      I would be a little surprised if they did allow eggs to hatch. They could easily source a rescue or two when Fifi and Iffy go. I can't see there being much need for hatchlings for other zoos. Abandoned pythons are pretty abundant and in need of good homes that zoos can provide. But the zoo must have a reason if they got a male... unless females wouldn't have been compatible.
    • Mr Wrinkly
      There have been eggs in the exhibit for the last few days - looks like 6 in a picture a friend sent me today.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toronto Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Mr Wrinkly
    Date:
    3 Jan 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    3 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4000px
    Height:
    3000px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot SX40 HS
    Date / Time:
    2018:11:19 12:23:21
    Exposure Time:
    1/20 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    13.537 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).