Join our zoo community
Zooish

Rivers of the World - Congo River

The Congo and Nile River zones were the smallest, with 2 and 1 exhibits respectively. This is the Congo's African Dwarf Crocodile exhibit.

Rivers of the World - Congo River
Zooish, 9 Apr 2013
JigerofLemuria likes this.
    • Zooish
      The Congo and Nile River zones were the smallest, with 2 and 1 exhibits respectively. This is the Congo\'s African Dwarf Crocodile exhibit.
    • zooboy28
      Its very surprising that an exhibit for Pygmy Hippo was not incorporated into the River Safari. They could have easily been a focal species for an African river zone (they aren't found in the Congo River I don't think, but I doubt this would be a barrier to their inclusion). A larger version, with much greater land area, of the exhibit at the Zoo would have been great here.

Is this a likely future addition do you think Zooish? Or will the Zoo hang on to this species?
    • zoomaniac
      I think an exhibit for Common Hippos would fit much better geographicaly (Nile AND Congo) and those animals would also be much more attractive for OVs (= ordinary visitors). At the moment, the Common Hippos at Night Safari are a little out of sight. But unfortunately - I suppose - there is not enough space for them at River Safari (except the responsible staff change their plans for the future tiger exhibit and built a hippo enclosure instead).
    • zooboy28
      Thats a great idea too actually, although I did like seeing the hippos at the Night Safari, they were surprisingly active on my visit, although viewing was very limited. Maybe keep the pygmy hippos at the Zoo, and have the commons at both River and Night Safaris. :D
    • zoomaniac
      Yes, that's a very good compromise...:D:p
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    River Wonders
    Uploaded By:
    Zooish
    Date:
    9 Apr 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count: