Join our zoo community
TinoPup

Riverside Reptiles - Outside turtle ponds

Riverside Reptiles - Outside turtle ponds
TinoPup, 28 Aug 2022
Neil chace and SivatheriumGuy like this.
    • Neil chace
      @TinoPup thanks for posting all these photos! What did you think of Riverside Reptiles, it's one of the New England facilities I know the least about.
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @Neil chace It was really nice! They're still working on making exhibits and adding species, but the ones they do have are all very large and well-decorated. They have a good mix of common and rarer species. I spoke with the owner and several employees, all of them are really interested in the animals and love talking about them; it didn't feel like it was just a job for anyone. They had made an enrichment thing for the monitor to figure out how to open and everyone stopped what they were doing to come look when he almost got it open! I do wish there had been signage outside, there's signage with the inside turtle pools but that doesn't help me ID them when they're outside in different exhibits.

New England really doesn't have a good herp zoo, everywhere has a couple of species at most, so it adds something new to the region. It's easy to combine with Lupa and Forest Park.

I definitely want to go back if I'm ever around there again and see what they've added.
      Neil chace likes this.
    • Neil chace
      @TinoPup glad to hear it's a nice facility! It's a little over an hour and a half from me, so it's a tough sell for a day trip but possible. I don't really have any interest in visiting Lupa (I'm not into searching for rarities at the moment, and more so enjoy seeing high quality and unique exhibitry), but Forest Park does look decent. It's certainly something to consider visiting in the future.
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @Neil chace Forest Park is small. I'm sure you could combine it with something bigger/nicer, based on the direction you're coming from, I just mentioned those two since it's really close to them.
      Neil chace likes this.
    • TinoPup
      Also, pft :p 90 minutes is what I consider "local" haha
      Neil chace likes this.
    • Neil chace
      @TinoPup 90 minutes is certainly doable, I drove Buffalo to Cleveland for a day trip (a little over 3 hours), but it was also to see a much larger, well-renowned facility. I'd easily do a 90 minute drive for a good zoo, but it's a tough sell for one that's small and I know very little about (and in this case normal traffic patterns likely would make it more like 2 hours). Hearing your good reviews though makes it more appealing to make the trip out there.
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @Neil chace For smaller places I usually just combine some, or visit when I'm in an area for something else
      Neil chace likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Riverside Reptiles Education Center
    Uploaded By:
    TinoPup
    Date:
    28 Aug 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4000px
    Height:
    3000px
    Aperture:
    f/2.2
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G998U
    Date / Time:
    2022:08:02 13:29:32
    Exposure Time:
    1/1484 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    2.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).