Join our zoo community
Toddy

Rostock Zoo - Jaguar enclosure

The large and lush outdoor enclosure for jaguars in Rostock Zoo, Germany. Can you spot the jaguar in the picture? October 2006

Rostock Zoo - Jaguar enclosure
Toddy, 24 Nov 2008
David Matos Mendes likes this.
    • Toddy
      The large and lush outdoor enclosure for jaguars in Rostock Zoo, Germany. Can you spot the jaguar in the picture?
      October 2006
    • snowleopard
      Now this is an amazing jaguar exhibit, and the Rostock Zoo has the good, the bad and the ugly in terms of animal enclosures. Some are splendidly planted with lush vegetation, while others look as if they are leftovers from 80 years ago.
    • Animal
      I can ;)
      Half day there are jaguars in the enclosure, the other half the male cheetahs.
    • Dan
      It is a pity that the exhibit must be time-shared, but otherwise from that this must be one of the best jaguar enclosures. Overall though, I belive that ChesterĀ“s is the best - partly because of the splendid indoors enclosures there:

ZooLex Exhibit
    • Animal
      To see it from another point of view: The male cheetahs are just there, 'cause the cheetahs breed so good, that their enclosure is full ;)
    • Dan
      Oh I see! A temporary arrangment, then? Good!
    • Zebraduiker
      And most of the year the jaguars are inside. Do you have seen the inside exhibit ?
    • Animal
      So thats funny. Everytime i'm there, at least one Jaguar was outside (exept when the cheetahs was shown).
    • Kwambeze
      Good to see such a green exbith, the suit is Jaguar.

Dan @: Chester Zoo had really good and natural indoor exbiths, but this outdoor exbith is better than Chester outdoor exbith. Too bad that those are out of their exbith only certain times.:(
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Rostock
    Uploaded By:
    Toddy
    Date:
    24 Nov 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    495.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1154px
    Height:
    865px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    uD800,S800
    Date / Time:
    0000:00:00 00:00:00
    Exposure Time:
    1/160 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 250
    Focal Length:
    8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).