Join our zoo community
sooty mangabey

Ruppell’s Fox

Photo taken on phone, so apologies for the poor quality

Ruppell’s Fox
sooty mangabey, 28 Jul 2018
AWP, Giant Eland, Kakapo and 3 others like this.
    • sooty mangabey
      Without doubt, the most interesting species here from a zoo nerd’s perspective. They are maintained in a fairly small, but wholly reasonable, glass-fronted enclosure, and, strangely, are not labelled (although they do feature on the zoo map). Zootierliste also suggests that the zoo has Swift foxes and Blandford‘s foxes, but neither are on show if this is indeed true. Fennec foxes, rather less excitingly, are to be seen elsewhere.
      devilfish likes this.
    • TeaLovingDave
      Excellent :D this is the first photograph of the species to be uploaded to the gallery!
    • Kakapo
      Finally somebody put photos of this place that I tought in maybe visit during some years due to their foxes! Now that you said that the other species of foxes are not on show, this definitely will be a reason for not visit this place soon.
    • pangolin12
      I saw them on my visit. They were in this cage mixed with the ruppells foxes but they may have gone off show since
      Kakapo likes this.
    • Kakapo
      Thanks, when was your visit? Weird to have three different species of same genus in same enclosure... not the wisest method for avoid hybridation, and with so rarely kept jewels like these, breeding should be encouraged...
    • pangolin12
      @Kakapo I thought it was a strange concept too.
    • sooty mangabey
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Oasys Mini Hollywood
    Uploaded By:
    sooty mangabey
    Date:
    28 Jul 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3264px
    Height:
    2448px
    Aperture:
    f/2.2
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone 6
    Date / Time:
    2018:07:28 12:50:39
    Exposure Time:
    1/879 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 32
    Focal Length:
    4.15 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).