Join our zoo community
Toddy

Salzburg Zoo - Maned wolf exhibit

One of the two exhibit for maned wolves in Salzburg Zoo. I think that these exhibits were originally made for capybaras. July 2007

Salzburg Zoo - Maned wolf exhibit
Toddy, 25 Nov 2008
    • Toddy
      One of the two exhibit for maned wolves in Salzburg Zoo. I think that these exhibits were originally made for capybaras.
      July 2007
    • Dan
      Not to bad at first sight, but the you notice the paths that the animalĀ“s pacing have produced?
    • Toddy
      I know that this enclosure is now exactly the best, but paths will always appear in canine exhibits unless they are HUGE. The canines simply have prefered walking paths through their territory.
    • Sun Wukong
      @Dan: Like in the wild, animals tend to use the same paths within their territories again and again? Ever heard of deer passes? Sumatra Rhino/Tapir tunnels? So much about "pacing"...

Would have been a great exhibit for Bush dogs; they should have gotten those from Wilhelma instead.
    • Kwambeze
      Bush Dogs

Yes its an great exbith fore Bush dogs! But, two Bush Dogs moved too Kolmarden Zoo in the summer, i think from Wilhelma Zoo. They have not a good exbith, whith out water! Just one little pool, very small. I hope Kolmarden Zoo, build one bigger pool fore the bush dogs. But, they like the exbith ,so, now, they have cubs! they came in the summer , and 3:th November, 4 Bush dogs gets born, thats great!
    • Sun Wukong
      @rillekolmard: You do realize that this particular exhibit in Salzburg houses Maned Wolves, not Bush Dogs? ;)
    • Kwambeze
      Yes I now! But Im just said it think its better to have bush dogs in this exbith , dont maned wolfes.
    • Dan
      Sun Wukong wrote:

"Like in the wild, animals tend to use the same paths within their territories again and again? Ever heard of deer passes? Sumatra Rhino/Tapir tunnels? So much about "pacing"..."

I hope you are right... I really do!
    • dean
      The same thing can happens in gardens with dogs, 2 of my clients with very large gardens have dogs that instead of running over the whole lawn as you'd expect, when left alone they run around the edges of the borders. beds . very odd and annoying for as soon as I tidy up the compaction and re edge the lawns they start again after I leave.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Salzburg
    Uploaded By:
    Toddy
    Date:
    25 Nov 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    492.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1154px
    Height:
    865px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    uD800,S800
    Date / Time:
    0000:00:00 00:00:00
    Exposure Time:
    1/500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 64
    Focal Length:
    8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).