okapikpr

Savanna - Kilamanjaro Safari

Ankole Catte and Impala are seen in this view. Photo taken November 2008

Savanna - Kilamanjaro Safari
okapikpr, 15 Nov 2008
    • okapikpr
      Ankole Catte and Impala are seen in this view. Photo taken November 2008
    • Cat-Man
      no matter what people on this forum say, this is the best african enclosure of all time
    • snowleopard
      It is an absolutely stunning, amazing African exhibit...but it's only 18 minutes long and that is nowhere near enough time to view the 100 or so animals in the numerous different exhibits.
    • BlackRhino
      That is extremely subjective. I for one am someone who utterly disagrees with you.
    • zooman
      Is that vehicle typical of what transport is used? I would have thought Disney would have timed it. Thast you dont see another vehicle!
    • reduakari
      Based on the thread "the 3 second rule" this exhibit is undoubtedly the best---at 18 minutes some zoo guests might be bored and impatient otherwise. Seriously, if there was a way to walk through/around Kilimanjaro, it would be by far the best African savanna exhibit on the planet.
    • BlackRhino
      It is the most realistic, but I disagree it is the best.
    • aw101
      Disney has spent so much money into the detailing....from the plant species throughout the safari to the rock work which hide the barriers...the entire safari is amazing......and chances are you wouldn't see every species of animals because there are numerous shrubs and hiding places throughout the exhibits...
    • Miniaturezoo954
      Well this is a clear example of what i mean about some members in the forum lack of appreciation for well done expensive enclosures, this area along Blackrhino is worth the whole construction tag in MMZ one of your favorite zoos for ungulates, on top of that, the experience of the landscape when it comes to realism at least of what i have personally seen of africa comes pretty close, closer than any other zoo in the planet.

I respect that you have your favorites and i understand why you would rank a particular exihbit above another from your own perspective, but to say that this is not the best mix african exihbit experience outside of africa, is really beyond understanding even for me.

I think the airport in Havana Cuba is much better than Miami's, does it matter?
    • Miniaturezoo954
      And if the reason for it not being 1#, is because of the lack of a walking trail, or additional viewing options, then that only means they have acomplished their goal of leaving you wondering what else is in that vast exihbit, and therefore returning.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park
    Uploaded By:
    okapikpr
    Date:
    15 Nov 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    160.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    480px
    Aperture:
    f/5.8
    Make:
    NIKON
    Model:
    COOLPIX S600
    Date / Time:
    2008:10:03 13:06:20
    Exposure Time:
    10/4000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    20 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).