Join our zoo community
ro6ca66

Scottish wildcat (exhibit) : Port Lympne : 05 May 2017

Felis silvestris.

Scottish wildcat (exhibit) : Port Lympne : 05 May 2017
ro6ca66, 25 May 2017
Arizona Docent likes this.
    • ro6ca66
      Sizeable new enclosure, viewed from adjacent to Pallas's cat exhibit; path (r) leads towards main part of Carnivore Territory.
    • Arizona Docent
      I am trying to picture this from my visit several years ago. Is this a new enclosure, or is it the old one that used to house Eurasian lynx?
    • ro6ca66
      @Arizona Docent This is a new enclosure, not yet finished when the photo was taken, but inhabited by (at least) two cats. It's the 'other' side (from where the lynx are) of the main drive which bisects Carnivore Territory. Where the path goes out of shot in the photo, top right, is where the margay exhibits and some of the fishing cat exhibits are located. Beyond that are tiger, cheetah, fossa and the cafe. Lynx are about 100yds behind the camera position.
    • Arizona Docent
      With this and the new Pallas cat exhibit, I may have to revisit Port Lympne whenever I return to Europe. (And yes I consider England to be part of Europe, recent Brexit controversy not withstanding :p)
      ro6ca66 likes this.
    • FunkyGibbon
      As you should; Europe and the EU are not synonymous :p

What's happened to the old wildcat enclosures next to the red pandas? I quite liked them.
    • pipaluk
      If anyone sees a Wildcat in here I'll be amazed, it's the size of an average tiger enclosure! Far too big IMO.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Port Lympne Wild Animal Park
    Uploaded By:
    ro6ca66
    Date:
    25 May 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2000px
    Height:
    1071px
    Aperture:
    f/1.8
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone 7
    Date / Time:
    2017:05:05 11:03:09
    Exposure Time:
    1/3500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 20
    Focal Length:
    3.99 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).