Join our zoo community
Otter Lord

SDWAP - Elephant Exhibit - Sumatran Longhouse

2014/08/18 You can see the Longhouse from the Elephant exhibit. Its almost too over-powering now. I feel like I'm in Asia when I am standing in Africa. You can't really fix this though.

SDWAP - Elephant Exhibit - Sumatran Longhouse
Otter Lord, 21 Aug 2014
    • Otter Lord
      2014/08/18

You can see the Longhouse from the Elephant exhibit. Its almost too over-powering now. I feel like I\'m in Asia when I am standing in Africa. You can\'t really fix this though.
    • snowleopard
      @Otter Lord I wonder if the average visitor perhaps doesn't realize that the building in the background is part of the zoo's tiger section. The structure is certainly dominant.

Also, in the photo from @DavidBrown (below) there is clearly some grass in the exhibit. However, whenever I've been to the Safari Park it has always been in the hotter months of the year and my general impression is that of a 'dust bowl' type enclosure. The herd dynamics are certainly wonderful but it would be great if the zoo updated the visitor viewing areas and even the actual exhibit itself.

Way, way out of Africa | ZooChat
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    San Diego Zoo Safari Park
    Uploaded By:
    Otter Lord
    Date:
    21 Aug 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    337.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1071px
    Aperture:
    f/9.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D80
    Date / Time:
    2014:08:18 14:39:45
    Exposure Time:
    10/12500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 500
    Focal Length:
    86 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).