Join our zoo community
CZJimmy

Sealion Viewing Window

Sealion Viewing Window
CZJimmy, 10 Jul 2009
    • zooman
      I am guessing, not allot of visitors at this zoo?
    • CZJimmy
      I'd hazard a guess that there were about 6 school groups there today, so i was trying to avoid them. This was taken shortly after the windows had just been cleaned so there were no little kids around because there was someone working.
    • zooman
      actually it is the seat so close to the window. That would suggest this is not a high traffic area or place.
    • dragon(ele)nerd
      wow, green water?
    • CZJimmy
      Zooman: oh right, well it is only a small zoo and it is located out of the way (plus it competes with Chester and the local attractions in the bay), so I guess they don't recieve mega-numbers of visitors

Dragon: I've no idea why it's that colour...
    • dragon(ele)nerd
      I just very interesting,

at least it aint red water! ;)
    • Maguari
      The pool is on top of a hill, and although there are nearby trees, I suspect the pool is in near-continuous sunlight in daylight hours (well, what passes in North Wales for sunlight - and I say that as someone who lived there for four years). I think it's simple algal. Not particularly attractive but unlikely to be harmful to the sealions.

Building this pool was a bit of an epic undertaking - the sealions originally had a cracked concrete thing - rather unpleasant - then were moved during the building works to what was effectively a huge garden pond - a rubber liner full of water. Before that, the fundraising seemed to go on for years. I was pleasantly surprised with how the new pool turned out, given the complications during its preparation.
    • dragon(ele)nerd
      ouch, an algal bloom. Poor sealions.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Welsh Mountain Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    CZJimmy
    Date:
    10 Jul 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    278.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/8.5
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix A500
    Date / Time:
    2009:07:10 13:36:25
    Exposure Time:
    10/1800 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    6.4 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).