Join our zoo community
KevinB

Second and original Eurasian brown bear exhibit, 2020-07-12

There is also an expansion of this exhibit, which is shown in other images in this gallery.

Second and original Eurasian brown bear exhibit, 2020-07-12
KevinB, 31 Aug 2020
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • DelacoursLangur
      It says alot that they expanded an entire new exhibit onto this. It looks pretty decent on its own. Better than a majority of zoos I can think of actually.
    • KevinB
      @DelacoursLangur I have seen far worse examples of bear exhibits than this one, but in terms of size this one isn't really that large for bears, and quite a bit smaller than is usually the norm for bears nowadays. Also I think that apart from the rocks and the nice pool it does lack a bit of structure and enrichment.

The expansion helps to an extent with both of those issues. Also, the two bears living in this exhibit according to signage were both born in 1990, so they are pretty old - and for older bears I would say this exhibit works nicely.
    • DelacoursLangur
      @KevinB The new exhibits look absolutely fantastic as well, however im glad they kept the old one as the rock walls are really nice and I always appreciate older exhibits when adapted properly.
      KevinB likes this.
    • KevinB
      @DelacoursLangur I agree. I also like they way they made use of the terrain on their grounds and incorporated the rock walls into the exhibit. And I think that with the expansion this bear exhibit is a pretty decent exhibit that will be able to house bears for quite some time to come.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Domain of the Caves of Han Wildlife Park
    Uploaded By:
    KevinB
    Date:
    31 Aug 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1440px
    Height:
    1080px
    Aperture:
    f/7.1
    Make:
    OLYMPUS CORPORATION
    Model:
    E-M10 Mark III
    Date / Time:
    2020:07:12 14:27:47
    Exposure Time:
    1/200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    14 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).