Join our zoo community
geomorph

Shark Reef at Disney Typhoon Lagoon

Conceived as a tropical paradise that has been hit by a tremendous storm, this superbly themed water park at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida features a wonderland of seemingly wrecked buildings and flotsam and jetsam details amidst its extensive grounds filled with swimming pools and waterslides. The reason I am featuring it on Zoochat is that it has a saltwater snorkel-through lagoon attraction with live fish called Shark Reef.

Shark Reef at Disney Typhoon Lagoon
geomorph, 27 Jan 2010
    • geomorph
      Conceived as a tropical paradise that has been hit by a tremendous storm, this superbly themed water park at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida features a wonderland of seemingly wrecked buildings and flotsam and jetsam details amidst its extensive grounds filled with swimming pools and waterslides. The reason I am featuring it on Zoochat is that it has a saltwater snorkel-through lagoon attraction with live fish called Shark Reef.
    • DavidBrown
      @geomorph: if one doesn't like water parks particularly, but does like aquariums, is this attraction worth going to Typhoon Lagoon to see while at Disney World?
    • geomorph
      No, I wouldn't bother going to this park just for this display, its selection of fish is not particularly unusual or impressive, the underwater viewing windows are small, and I believe that the snorkel-through experience may be limited in time so that all the visitors have a chance to get in the water. One would have to be interested in waterparks to make the cost and effort worthwhile!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Disney's Typhoon Lagoon
    Uploaded By:
    geomorph
    Date:
    27 Jan 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: