Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Shark Tank Tunnel

August 4, 2022

Shark Tank Tunnel
    • snowleopard
      This short tunnel, which annoyingly moves visitors along on a track, contains the following 9 species: Blacktip Reef Shark, Sandbar Shark, Nurse Shark, Sand Tiger Shark, Brownbanded Bambooshark, Spotted Wobbegong, Southern Stingray, Emperor Red Snapper and Bluestreak Cleaner Wrasse.
      Mr Gharial and Zoofan15 like this.
    • Zoofan15
      @snowleopard Most of the Australasian aquariums have moving conveyor belts, but have fixed pathways on either side, so you can hop off when you see something interesting. This seems particularly poorly designed in that it’s so narrow, you can’t even tread water by walking backwards without holding up everyone behind you.
    • snowleopard
      @Zoofan15 Exactly. I had to lean on my elbows with my feet off the ground just to take a few photos to compile a species list. Plus, the track has a really loud squeak because it needs to be oiled. Ha!
    • Mr Gharial
      Never even heard of conveyor belts being used outside of factories, grocery stores or carnival mad houses
    • Great Argus
      SeaWorld San Diego has a conveyer belt in their penguin building for some reason, I'm not sure why as there is also plenty of non-moving viewing.
    • aardvark250
      Isn't too big of a problem for me and i'm sure i've been to some aquarium with conveyor belt (can't remember off my head, I think Chimelong definitely and SEA(?)) It's the same as having an escalator if you mean the moving problem. There are other viewing angles and to be honest underwater tunnel does not provide good photo opportunities(it's a curved surface).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Kattegatcentret
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    4 Aug 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2880px
    Height:
    2160px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).