Tige being a fiece puma

Shepreth wildlife park
Trigger, 27 Feb 2009
    • Trigger
      Tige being a fiece puma
    • chizlit
      Where is this park? Lovely puma.
    • GillP
      This is a couple of miles away from me ....... on the A10 between Royston and Cambridge.

There are 2 pumas - Demelza and Tyge. I think I remember reading in the local paper a while ago that Tyge was a hand reared puma who came from another wildlife park ...... I know that when I visited shortly after he arrived a couple of years ago he padded over to the indoor viewing window and stood up right in front of us - my then 3 year old was over the moon.
    • Trigger
      yep, Tige came from me. he is still real human orinatated. Miss him terribly but i didn't have the room to keep him. I still have his mom but sadly lost his dad a while back.
    • GillP
      I've just been looking at your sanctuary's website (from the info on your profile) and was very impressed.

One of my bugbears - even with large zoos - is the lack of info available to visitors both at the zoo and/or on their website - it often seems so hit and miss, but I thought your website was great, with loads of stuff to read about past and up and coming projects, with before and after pics, and good descriptions of the animals you care for.

For a very small centre it was lovely to see the ethos of providing the best you can clearly stated and actually confirmed by all the improvements. Sometimes when you see small, shabby, and/or inappropriate enclosures (in both large & small zoos) visitors would be significantly reassured (that the owners actually cared and/or knew enough about the habitat and behaviours of a given animal) if there was clear acknowledgement of less-than-perfect areas and a stated intention to improve them as soon as possible (together with plans if available).......

..... and that's definitely the positive, and caring, impression I got from reading your site.

I'll definitely bear you in mind for a visit if I am ever in the area.
    • Trigger
      Thats really nice of you thank you. I have a small band of volunteers but we do our best. I know we will never be a chester zoo and all I can ever see is what else needs doing, Whenever I speak to visitors I spend the whole time telling them what I want to do!!! but having found some picks of when we opend 16 years ago, I guess we have changed a lot. I love to visit other zoos and fantasise about what I would do with the space and money. Its so nice for some one to give us good feed back. Thanks. I have just had the website revamped so will pass on your comments to my web man, bless him!

(if anyone is intersted I could put some picks Tige up in the gallery from when we were rearing him?)
    • GillP
      I'd be interested, I'm sure others would be too !
    • chizlit
      Thanks for the info Gillp and like you I'd also be interested to see any pix of the puma please trigger.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Shepreth Wildlife Park
    Uploaded By:
    Trigger
    Date:
    27 Feb 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: