Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Short Tailed Fruit Bat Cage

October 2008. Possibly the saddest looking bat exhibit of any zoo I've ever seen.

Short Tailed Fruit Bat Cage
snowleopard, 7 Oct 2008
    • snowleopard
      October 2008. Possibly the saddest looking bat exhibit of any zoo I've ever seen.
    • Chlidonias
      I wonder what the poor bats do during the night when they're active
    • Kwambeze
      The Zoo Dirictor:
      What , are them awake at night? They are just as those do not have sufficient area. If them awake at night, then we are surely not there!

It was a joke, but who the keepers think about this?
    • Hix
      For me, there's no question - that is THE saddest looking bat exhibit I have ever seen.

I would hope that Short-tailed Fruit Bats are tiny little things, but I suspect not.

:(

Hix
    • Chlidonias
      short-tailed fruit bats (Carollia) have a wingspan of about 20-30cm (8-12 inches), so they are fairly small. The wings are quite short and broad and they are very manouevrable fliers so they may fly easily in rainforest. Having said that, however, this cage is far too small and sad for these bats. Somehow I doubt they ever actually fly in there.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Emperor Valley Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    7 Oct 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    408.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1200px
    Height:
    1600px
    Aperture:
    f/2.9
    Make:
    NIKON
    Model:
    COOLPIX L1
    Date / Time:
    2008:10:04 20:48:06
    Exposure Time:
    10/538 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    6.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).