Join our zoo community
Maguari

Siamese Eld's Deer at Haute-Touche, 14/06/18

Rucervus eldii siamensis

Siamese Eld's Deer at Haute-Touche, 14/06/18
Maguari, 20 Oct 2018
    • Brum
      It's late, I'm tired, I won't remember to check in the morning, so can anyone tell me if these are the same subspecies that were previously held in Vincennes? Possibly descendants of the same stock?
      Maguari likes this.
    • Maguari
      @Brum Yes - the same - and I'm absolutely certain they will be the same stock as Haute-Touche is under the same management as Vincennes (the French National Museum of Natural History). I'd seen them before at Vincennes in 2002 and had genuinely assumed they'd died out until planning this trip. We only saw three.
      PAT and Brum like this.
    • Brum
      I also thought they'd died out, hence my surprise that they turned up at a related collection. Three left doesn't bode well for their future in Europe though... :(
    • lintworm
      @Maguari This is a new import from Asia, 2.2 animals were imported.
      Maguari likes this.
    • Maguari
    • Chlidonias
      @lintworm - so are they actually siamensis? Where did they come from?
    • lintworm
      @Chlidonias I don't know the exact location...

@Maguari As a species hunter yes, but it seems pointless to import a second subspecies when there is a subspecies around in Europe that needs all the place it can get....
    • Maguari
      @lintworm To be fair, they have a big herd of thamin at Haute-Touche as well.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Haute-Touche Animal Reserve
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    20 Oct 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3826px
    Height:
    2534px
    Aperture:
    f/6.3
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D7000
    Date / Time:
    2018:06:14 15:14:53
    Exposure Time:
    10/25000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 2500
    Focal Length:
    300 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).