Join our zoo community
Arizona Docent

siberian tiger

siberian tiger
Arizona Docent, 15 Dec 2009
    • snowleopard
      This is a superb photo! I've read that the Minnesota Zoo has the largest amount of space devoted to tigers of any zoo in North America, and I personally think that their two Amur tiger exhibits are probably the best on the continent. The Bronx Zoo's Tiger Mountain would be my #2 choice.
    • mstickmanp
      It looks as though the tiger is up on a tree! Amazing photo!
    • dragon(ele)nerd
      wow your right mstickmanp, great photo.
    • Arizona Docent
      This is the larger of the two exhibits, which you view from a raised boardwalk. It has a deep valley surrounded on the left and front by a lush hillside, which is where this tiger was sitting. He is eyelevel to the boardwalk because he is up on the side of the hill. This is a tiny section of the large exhibit. To give you a sense of how big it is, this apparently distant tiger was photographed with a 300mm telephoto lens!

The second exhibit featured an open viewing area across a pool, but since I have been there they have redone that one with glass windows for closer viewing.

Before I ever went there, when the zoo first opened, the two huge exhibits were actually combined into one MASSIVE exhibit. They had to split them in two because too many visitors were complaining they couldn't see the tigers. (A hill in the middle prevents you from seeing into either exhibit from the opposite exhibit).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Minnesota Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Arizona Docent
    Date:
    15 Dec 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    87.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    432px
    Height:
    287px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).