Join our zoo community
blospz

Side View

Side View
blospz, 28 Mar 2013
    • snowleopard
      The newly revamped Elephant Community Center appears to be spectacular in comparison to what I toured in 2008, when I was alarmed at how poor the situation was for the zoo's elephants. Now the 1930's-era Elephant House has had $50 million pumped into it (including the entire complex and outdoor trails) and it must be one of America's better elephant habitats. Asian elephants now have great exhibits in zoos such as National, Saint Louis, Denver, Los Angeles and Oklahoma City, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Oregon Zoo have the best of the lot when the 6-acre Elephant Lands opens in 2015.
    • mstickmanp
      Now all we need is for Asians to start breeding like their African counterparts or a new importation to revitalize the Asian Elephant breeding program!
    • TeamTapir223
      It certainly is bright for a elephant barn!No doubt appears to be fantastic.

Team Tapir223
    • blospz
      The Elephant Community Center is certainly impressive. I love all the natural light. Modern features with old architectural pieces still in tact. What I was disappointed with the most was the final elephant yard. I really don't any alterations to it besides the shading structure. I wonder why it took them a couple more years to complete that yard from the other two yards. Maybe it will look nicer with foliage and the pool filled up.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Smithsonian National Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    blospz
    Date:
    28 Mar 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    202.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ40
    Date / Time:
    2013:03:27 12:52:30
    Exposure Time:
    10/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    4.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).