Join our zoo community
Gigit

Signage for Asiatic lions, 2013

Signage for Asiatic lions, 2013
Gigit, 9 Jan 2021
    • Gigit
      Added for the purposes of the thread 'Signage in zoos on individual animals'.
    • The Hedgehog
      @Gigit are M’Wambe’s and Indu’s Cubs still alive? If so where are they residing and have they parented their own Cubs? Out of the Cubs I know Maliya had her own litter of two, a male called Yali and a female called Arya. These Cubs were born in Spring 2017. Unfortunately no more than a year after the Cubs birth Indu, the Cubs Grandma,caught Bovine Tuberculosis (TB) . Due to this she had to be euthanised to protect the rest of the Pride. Tragically a few months later history repeated itself and Maliya was euthanised. The last I heard Yali and Arya were the only resident Asiatic Lion’s of Paignton Zoo. Lucifer the Father of Maliya’s Cubs was euthanised last month due to age related health problems. Prior to the latest Lockdown apposed due to the Coronavirus the plan was for Arya to move London Zoo to join their male Bhanu. Following Arya’s move Yali was going to be transferred to the former Sumatran Tiger enclosure,and the new Tigeress’s vice versa. Once the enclosure swap had happened two new Lioness’s from Cotsworld Wildlife Park were due to arrive. The Lioness’s are called Sita and amusingly Yali. The name situation is ironic,as the parents of the planned arrivals are named Rhana and Khana. As of the current date I think the planned moves have been postponed and will happen once England has come out of Lockdown.
    • Gigit
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Paignton Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Gigit
    Date:
    9 Jan 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    5.5 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4000px
    Height:
    2672px
    Aperture:
    f/8.0
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ38
    Date / Time:
    2013:07:31 10:19:27
    Exposure Time:
    10/300 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    5.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).