JigerofLemuria

Singapore Zoo: circa 2010

Alligator snapping turtle enclosure.

Singapore Zoo: circa 2010
JigerofLemuria, 22 Apr 2016
    • JigerofLemuria
      Alligator snapping turtle enclosure.
    • zooboy28
      Whereabouts is/was this exhibit? Can you walk right up to the glass? Seems a little dodgy with a snapping turtle?
    • Zooish
      This is in the Snake House. There is a small planter bed in front of the tank. Wouldn't stop someone intent on losing a finger though!
    • zooboy28
      Thanks Zooish. I don't recall this tank, will have to look again at my photos. Which end of the Snake House is it closer to? Is it under cover?
    • Zooish
      It's between the anaconda and reticulated python tanks, right opposite the exit of the reptile walk through. It is covered.
    • JigerofLemuria
      I, at least, found it weird that a tropical climated zoo, like Singapore's, would keep this species indoors, while many warm-temperate climated zoos keep them in an outdoor pond... I guess the visibility improves, though.
    • PAT
      I seem to remember that log extending across the top of the pond with the spikes there to stop the turtle from climbing across. I might be able to find a photo when I have my computer.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Singapore Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    JigerofLemuria
    Date:
    22 Apr 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    258.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/492.2
    Model:
    DV
    Date / Time:
    2009:06:12 14:51:01
    Exposure Time:
    10/80 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 300
    Focal Length:
    0.04 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).