Join our zoo community
Arizona Docent

Site of future Asia expansion

January 13, 2020

Site of future Asia expansion
Arizona Docent, 13 Jan 2020
    • Arizona Docent
      Currently this is part of Reid Park (not Reid Park Zoo, just the park). The zoo is to the left of this photo (with a small public roadway between the two). In 2022 a new Asia expansion will open on this site (I assume it will be fenced off for construction in 2021). The lake and the path/bench in the foreground will remain part of the public park. The far shore of the lake and beyond will become the new zoo area.

If you look on the far right you can see a series of waterfalls descending the small hill into the lake (with a small bridge on the path). If I read the master plan correctly, this entire hill will be the new tiger exhibits (two exhibits, with other animal exhibits behind this hill). Visitors will access the new expansion via a bridge over the roadway - one at this end (just left of photo) and one at the far end (behind the hill).
    • DavidBrown
      What are their plans for the lake? Will it be converted to some kind of waterfowl or crocodilian exhibit?
    • Arizona Docent
      @DavidBrown The lake will not be part of the zoo; it will remain in the city park. However the border of the zoo expansion will go to the south bank of the lake, so I am not sure how they will fence that off to keep park visitors from entering the zoo.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Reid Park Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Arizona Docent
    Date:
    13 Jan 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    610.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    900px
    Height:
    600px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D850
    Date / Time:
    2020:01:13 10:13:59
    Exposure Time:
    10/40000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    70 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).