Join our zoo community
Swedish Zoo Fan

Skansen - European bison exhibit

The big enclosure for European bisons and wild boars in Skansen. The species don't really fit together, and during my recent visits, the wild boars haven't been out in the exhibit because of the bisons. The exhibit is too small for the two species, and should be renovated.

Skansen - European bison exhibit
Swedish Zoo Fan, 13 Nov 2008
    • Swedish Zoo Fan
      The big enclosure for European bisons and wild boars in Skansen. The species don't really fit together, and during my recent visits, the wild boars haven't been out in the exhibit because of the bisons. The exhibit is too small for the two species, and should be renovated.
    • Jodea
      I have to disagree with you Swedish Zoo Fan, I think the european bisons and the wild boars fit together very well. But on the other point I agree with you. The enclosure isn't that very good at all and it's too small (for the Swedish regulations as well). An expansion/renovation are in progress right now.
    • Swedish Zoo Fan
      Jodea: Do you know what will happen to the exhibit after the renovation??
    • Jodea
      It will be bigger :p. No, seriously, I'm not especially familiar with the details of this project, but there will be improvements for both the visitors and the animals (and probably the keepers as well). Exactly what that means you'll see in April next year when it should be finished :p.
    • swedish beaver
      when i was there this summer both wildboar and the wisents aree pretty owerweight
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Skansen
    Uploaded By:
    Swedish Zoo Fan
    Date:
    13 Nov 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count: