Join our zoo community
Adrian k

Slimbridge wwt Identification please?

Taken on 08 / 08 / 2016 in the puddle duck corner I know they are hybrids but would like some help in trying to identify which species of hybrids.

Slimbridge wwt Identification please?
Adrian k, 14 Aug 2016
    • Adrian k
      Taken on 08 / 08 / 2016 in the puddle duck corner I know they are hybrids but would like some help in trying to identify which species of hybrids.
    • FBBird
      Not a hybrid. Pure (domestic) Call Duck again.
    • Adrian k
      Sorry I didn't realise there were so many different forms of Call duck species are all forms of Mallard cross breeds known as Call Ducks or is this just wishful thinking as it would make life a little easier if they were.
    • zoogiraffe
      There are probably over 100 different true domestic forms of Ducks world wide,so plenty more birds out their to add to your confusion!
    • Adrian k
      Don't say that I already had quite a few and all have been identified I must admit my favourite is the Shoveler x Mallard I picked up at Upton Warren in 2013
    • FBBird
      Call Ducks are effectively bantam Mallard in every possible colour. Small size ans a relatively small bill are diagnostic.
    • Chlidonias
      I think you may be having trouble with the difference between domestic and hybrid. The two are not the same thing. Almost all domestic ducks are just domestic forms of mallard - they are all the same species. The only exception is the domestic muscovy, which is derived from the wild muscovy of South America. Sometimes there are hybrids between domestic mallards and domestic muscovies, but otherwise if a duck is domestic it is just a domestic duck not a hybrid.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Animal or Zoo Identification
    Uploaded By:
    Adrian k
    Date:
    14 Aug 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    232.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1232px
    Aperture:
    f/7.1
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D7000
    Date / Time:
    2016:08:08 13:39:03
    Exposure Time:
    10/64000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 6400
    Focal Length:
    300 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).