Join our zoo community
KevinB

Small mammal and bird wing in the Ape House

The former indoor enclosures for the siamangs were very nicely repurposed into four enclosures holding small mammals and birds.

Small mammal and bird wing in the Ape House
KevinB, 4 Sep 2018
German Zoo World likes this.
    • KevinB
      When the siamangs were still kept at Antwerp Zoo they had an outdoor cage and at least two of these enclosures served as their indoor enclosures. At some point in time one or two of these enclosures also held callitrichids, and the last one was an educational display case for skeletons for a while. When the new outdoor ape enclosures were built this whole wing was repurposed into four enclosures holding small mammals and birds.

The first enclosure in this picture, the one holding black-and-rufous sengis (Rhynchocyon petersi) I already showed earlier when I reported on a juvenile of that species being present.
      Black and rufous sengi vivarium | ZooChat

The other three enclosures I will be posting to the gallery soon alongside their inhabitants. By the time you read this you can probably just click the arrows up top to see those.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZOO Antwerpen
    Uploaded By:
    KevinB
    Date:
    4 Sep 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1440px
    Height:
    1080px
    Aperture:
    f/4.1
    Make:
    OLYMPUS CORPORATION
    Model:
    E-M10 Mark III
    Date / Time:
    2018:08:19 10:01:03
    Exposure Time:
    1/60 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    16 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).