Join our zoo community
Maguari

Small Primate Complex at Usti, 29/08/12

Small Primate Complex at Usti, 29/08/12
Maguari, 10 Jan 2013
    • Maguari
      Exhibit for Northern White-cheeked Gibbons with monkey exhibits behind.
    • Jackwow
      I'm sorry but a picture of a cage is really not very interesting?
    • Shorts
      Sorry, I've got to disagree. I'd rather see a cage or enclosure to give me a feel for a zoo I'm unlikely to visit (anytime soon, if ever) than an umpteenth picture of a commonly displayed species. i.e. we all know what a Meerkat looks like but it's nice to see how different zoos across the globe keep and display animals.

That's not to say I don't like animal pictures too, the Bonnet Macaque shot in this zoo's gallery is great.
      xmoose and JurassicMax like this.
    • PAT
      Do you not think so? I always find photos of exhibits preferable to close-ups of animals. A gibbon will look like a gibbon anywhere but the exhibitry is what differentiates zoos.
    • Maguari
      It has been regularly demonstrated on various threads that the same or even greater number of ZooChat gallery browers are mostly here for the zoo/enclosure shots rather than the animals (and exhibit shots usually have more views than animal shots on average).

I always try to give a balanced view of the zoos I visit in the photos, which in this case means posting this cage.

I knew there'd be comments on the photos of this complex, but I really didn't expect that.

Maybe you'd get more out of the gallery if you concentrated on discussing things that do interest you rather than telling us what doesn't - and then those that are interested here can carry on without having to justify their interest.
    • filipinos
      I wanted to comment that it is a very nice pic and that this complex has some very nice species!
    • snowleopard
      I agree with Maguari. It has been proven time and time again (and this is coming from someone who has uploaded over 16,000 photos to this site - plus more before THE GREAT PURGE) that exhibit/enclosure/cage/habitat photos get at least ten times more views than a photo of an animal. Who wants to see yet another picture of a giraffe? Folks would much rather see a giraffe exhibit.

On a side note, what a dreadful gibbon cage! Aesthetically awful in so many ways...
    • Maguari
      Ugly as sin - but it at least has a 'climbable' roof and window viewing and I can honestly say I've seen worse (not least the 'no furnishings' enclosure for the same species in Hanoi). Not much else I can say for it though!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZOO Ústí nad Labem
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    10 Jan 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    496.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/6.3
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S7000
    Date / Time:
    2012:08:29 12:43:16
    Exposure Time:
    10/4000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    7.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).