Join our zoo community
devilfish

Snake show, May 2013.

The most ridiculous snake demonstration I've ever seen. Photo taken on the 26th May 2013.

Snake show, May 2013.
devilfish, 17 Aug 2013
    • devilfish
      The most ridiculous snake demonstration I\'ve ever seen.
      Photo taken on the 26th May 2013.
    • devilfish
      The snakes are copperhead (or radiated) ratsnakes, and he has the head of one in his mouth. These snakes can be quite aggressive, and I saw a couple of other (accidental) bites elsewhere during my trip, both from this species.

The audience were fascinated. But this isn't educational, I personally can't see how it's entertaining, it's very dangerous, distressing for the snakes, and clearly this act is taking its toll on the guy's forearm. :(
    • FelidLover
      The head is IN his mouth?? What would possess anyone to do that to themselves!
    • Loxodonta Cobra
      Oh, god that's disturbing to look at. At least the snake that isn't in the mans mouth got revenge (one of them is biting him in this photo)
    • stubeanz
      What a stupid act, nothing good for the snake, nothing good for the human and the audience take nothing away other than seeing a man getting bitten and abusing reptiles!
    • devilfish
      The one that's biting is actually being forced into biting his arm. His arm is bruised from the repeated trauma of forcing snake bites on himself.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Saigon Zoo and Botanical Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    devilfish
    Date:
    17 Aug 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    161.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/5.9
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ20
    Date / Time:
    2013:05:26 16:19:21
    Exposure Time:
    10/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    68.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).