Join our zoo community
cypher

Snow Leopard Ena

First time seeing Ena. She's a joy to watch as she explores her enclosure.

Snow Leopard Ena
cypher, 7 Mar 2016
amur leopard likes this.
    • cypher
      First time seeing Ena. She\'s a joy to watch as she explores her enclosure.
    • tsukunepapa
      from TAMA zoological park @Tokyo JAPAN
    • cypher
      Indeed that's where she's from. Now being at Toronto Zoo to hopefully breed we'll see her blossom into a loving mother.
    • TZFan
      I would guess the zoo will seriously begin breeding attempts in the next month or so with the aim of spring cubs. I know intros have happened in the past few months but the timing of the birth would have been off so if they weren't interested in each other the zoo was just happy with peaceful coexistence for Ena and Kota.
    • Hyak_II
      Ena actually has some funky stuff with her cycles going on, so the zoo basically just wants them to breed period, right time of year or not, lol.
    • cypher
      Have Ena and Kota been with each other with no barriers yet. I haven't seen them together on exhibit.

Although I would love to see Kittens. I missed all other Snow Leopard Kittens.
    • TZFan
      Ena and Kota have been together for breeding but nothing happened. They peacefully coexisted. No one expected anything from that first meeting anyway. I don't know if they have been together since. Now is the prefect time to really put strong effort into getting them to breed. The best window would be now through January if they are aiming for cubs to display over the summer months. Serious efforts will be put into the snow leopards, tigers (if Kemala ever cycles), and cheetahs (not that I even remotely think anything will happen there either). Soon enough they will also begin to try breeding the clouded leopards too now that they are both fully mature for the upcoming breeding season.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toronto Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    cypher
    Date:
    7 Mar 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    156.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D7100
    Date / Time:
    2016:03:05 12:12:16
    Exposure Time:
    1/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 320
    Focal Length:
    350 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).