Arizona Docent

snow leopard exhibit

July 4, 2012.

snow leopard exhibit
Arizona Docent, 9 Jul 2012
    • Arizona Docent
      July 4, 2012.
    • DavidBrown
      Arizona Docent, did you find this to be a place worth visiting? Would you recommend it even though it isn't AZA? I am very leery of non-AZA facilities.
    • jbnbsn99
      It has cats, of course AD will be visiting!
    • Arizona Docent
      If you knew how many conservation projects they support, any uneasiness you have would instantly vanish. In fact the entire purpose of this facility is to support field conservation projects. The founder, who I consider a friend, recently came back from Brazil where he was personally assisting a wild jaguar study.

Although they only breed on a limited basis, they provide valuable additions to the bloodlines. Their two female jaguars (both of which have reproduced) were directly imported from Latin America - I think it was Guatemala but I could be wrong. Likewise the jaguarundis were an import. They also occasionally take in rescues, as is the case with their two bobcats who were found orphaned inside an old washing machine in a silver mine here in Arizona (hence their names "Maytag" and "Whirlpool").

I stand behind this facility 100% and I can guarantee they donate a much higher percentage of their income to conservation than any AZA facility.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cat Haven Wild Animal Park
    Uploaded By:
    Arizona Docent
    Date:
    9 Jul 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    83 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    432px
    Height:
    324px
    Aperture:
    f/2.7
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot A1000 IS
    Date / Time:
    2012:07:04 12:23:22
    Exposure Time:
    1/250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    6.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).