Join our zoo community
FunkyGibbon

Snow Leopard Exhibit

Much larger than I remember

Snow Leopard Exhibit
FunkyGibbon, 10 Apr 2018
    • Big Rob
      Great photo showing fantastic looking enclosure. Looks like it has been created 100's of years ago. Is that the "den" in background? Any photos with a leopard in shot to give sense of scale?
    • lintworm
      @Big Rob You can see the tail in the top-right corner, though the picture gives the enclosure slightly more depth than in real life. The indoor enclosure are to the back of the photographer if you mean that by den...
      FunkyGibbon likes this.
    • Big Rob
      @lintworm
      Thanks for reply. I actually meant the structure to towards the top left corner ( about 1/4 way down and 1/4 in )with a sort of squarish black box, looked like entrance to a cave like dwelling.
    • FunkyGibbon
      I can't find the tail...
    • lintworm
      @FunkyGibbon Now I am also not completely convinced anymore, but what I thought was a tale on the rock to the right of the big green tree in the top of the photo, basically straight up from the ferns on the lower part of the photo...
    • ThylacineAlive
      How high onto the rock ledges can the cats climb?

~Thylo
    • Kakapo
      @lintworm Looked at the point that you said at big size image, and for sure this is not a tail of a snow leopard but water falling down the rocks (the water is visible after in some points in the ground).
    • FunkyGibbon
      @ThylacineAlive This photo doesn't show the semi-cylindrical cage structure arching over the exhibit. The cats have access to everything you can see, but not much more I reckon.

It's a fantastic exhibit, but it doesn't really (at all) use the height the cage allows for.
    • FunkyGibbon
      Leopard Exhibit | ZooChat

The sister exhibit for Persian leopards is broadly similar and this photo gives some idea of the containment.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cologne Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    FunkyGibbon
    Date:
    10 Apr 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2880px
    Height:
    2160px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).