Join our zoo community
Arizona Docent

Snow Leopard in snowstorm

February 2017

Snow Leopard in snowstorm
Arizona Docent, 17 Dec 2017
    • Neva
      Beautiful and inspiring to me. It's one of my dreaming shots - a snow leopard in the falling snow, deep winter, without visible fences on the photo. It looks like Salzburg zoo is a good place to try.
    • Arizona Docent
      Salzburg (Austria) and Zurich (Switzerland) may be two of the best places to try. Basel (Switzerland) also has snow leopards in a not as good enclosure (based on photos - I have not seen that one in person).
      Neva likes this.
    • Neva
      Yes, Zurich is a great place to photograph them. Unfortunately, I was shortly after a death of their famous female Dshamilja and I also didn't see a male.
      A day before I was in Basel and could say that the exhibition is quite good 'photographically' but rocks look a little bit artificial. It was worse than Zurich's one, however still better than some other european enclosures.

When travelling Europe have you been to Karlsruhe? I saw on photographs that they could have a really nice snow leopard enclosure.
    • Arizona Docent
      I have not been to Karlsruhe. Is that in Germany?
    • Neva
      Yes, Karlsruhe is located near Stuttgart and Heidelberg. I discovered this zoo when I saw a photo of snow leopards' enclosure and thought it would be quite nice to photograph the cats there.
    • Marco Penello
      Also, Leipzig has a very nice snow leopard enclosure.
      Neva and Arizona Docent like this.
    • Arizona Docent
      @Neva I looked at the Karlsruhe photo and notice that I had commented on it when it was first posted. I just forgot.
      Neva likes this.
    • Neva
      Yes, Leipzig has a very nice one :). I'm impressed with how they deal with the design such a good exhibit on not so big area.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Salzburg
    Uploaded By:
    Arizona Docent
    Date:
    17 Dec 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    285.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    432px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
    Date / Time:
    2017:02:06 00:51:02
    Exposure Time:
    1/800 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    400 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).