Join our zoo community
Casuarius_casuarius

South American Co-Habitation

South American Co-Habitation
    • Casuarius_casuarius
      Curious about where the Brazilian porcupine will be displayed at, now that Kinkajous have joined the armadillos.
      StoppableSan likes this.
    • Casuarius_casuarius
      Photo of the signage provided by a friend.
      StoppableSan likes this.
    • Rating:
      5/5,
      Chapman'szebra
      Will the giant flying squirrels be phased out of the night safari collection? Because the mangrove walk currently houses owls, won't there be too many owls to be displayed at the night safari? Wil the owl exhibits along the leopard trail exhibit some other animal species? What kind of owls are there in the mangrove walk through? Thanks for all your replies and informations! I am only 15 years old and very very curious about zoos and animals. Soon I will also post many pics from my upcoming trips because my older pics are not so good.
    • Zooish
      Perhaps @TheBirdMan could help to answer the questions from @Chapman'szebra above?

I believe Night Safari holds more than 10 owl species so there needs to be a few exhibits to accommodate them all.
    • Chapman'szebra
      Thank you @Zooish and @Casuarius_casuarius! Yeah that thread clears my doubts because the mangrove walk through can accommodate a number of species. But one question for @TheBirdMan, will the squirrels be permanently phased out from the night safari collection?
    • TheBirdMan
      All owl species held in WRS with the exception of the Burrowing Owls will be housed / displayed at Night Safari; that means more owl exhibits will be developed, but as much as possible we are trying to get away from single-species exhibits as long as the safety and welfare of the animals is not jeopardized. The Burrowing Owls will be held at the new Bird Park, in the South American walk-through aviary.
      Regarding the Giant Squirrels, they will likely face a temporary phase out; the issue with the species is that it has so far proved not sustainable in captivity and until we have the means to try and develop a proper management plan chances are we will be without them for a while. The ones we have will remain with us to attrition.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Singapore Night Safari
    Uploaded By:
    Casuarius_casuarius
    Date:
    4 Oct 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    188.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1124px
    Height:
    777px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).