Join our zoo community
Antoine

Southern cassowaries and nepalese red pandas exhibit

You see here the major part o f the exhibit for cassowaries. The red pandas have access to the little construction in the middle and the trees on the right. Previously this exhibit was home to bantengs and after Visayan spotted deers.

Southern cassowaries and nepalese red pandas exhibit
Antoine, 7 Apr 2020
SivatheriumGuy likes this.
    • SivatheriumGuy
      You didn't see any Visayan spotted deer?
    • Loxodonta Cobra
      Is it safe for the pandas to have access to this exhibit? I don't know any animals that can be mixed with cassowaries (anyone know any cases?) or any zoos that have tried to mix them with something else.
    • Antoine
      @SivatheriumGuy Nowhere and there are no signage mentionning them. I saw that they had them in rotation with komodo dragons but I didin't see anything about them during my visit in september.
    • Antoine
      @Loxodonta Cobra I think not (for the same reason) but the EEP lacks places in zoos to put red pandas and this is an attractive species for visitors so...
    • SivatheriumGuy
      Zootierliste still lists them in the zoo but the website doesn't list them anymore... I'm afraid that they no longer hold them... Another ungulate species that is phased out in bio Fuengirola...
    • Antoine
      @SivatheriumGuy But it's a good news. The zoo is a real enchantment for visitors but is hell for a lots of mammals. There is no area for shy animals such as spotted deers.
      There is still at least to leave the chimps to enlarge gorillas exhibit to improve the zoo's general animals welfare.
    • SivatheriumGuy
      @Antoine Yeah... those chimps need to be moved out of the zoo as soon as they can.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bioparc Fuengirola
    Uploaded By:
    Antoine
    Date:
    7 Apr 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    677.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2048px
    Height:
    1360px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ7
    Date / Time:
    2019:09:14 12:51:13
    Exposure Time:
    10/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    6 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).