Join our zoo community
Maguari

Southern Talapoin at Bioparc Valencia, 28/05/11

[i]Miopithecus talapoin[/i] For a long time, the European zoo population of talapoins was labelled as [i]M. talapoin[/i], when in fact they are almost all Northern Talapoins, [i]M. ogouensis[/i]. This animal, however, is the real deal, with its distinctive black face - the first time I\'ve seen the species. As far as I\'m aware there are no others in Europe. Living in a mixed exhibit with Pygmy Hippos, Sitatunga, Drills, Mona Guenons, Egyptian Geese and African Black Ducks.

Southern Talapoin at Bioparc Valencia, 28/05/11
Maguari, 27 Jun 2011
    • Maguari
      Miopithecus talapoin

For a long time, the European zoo population of talapoins was labelled as M. talapoin, when in fact they are almost all Northern Talapoins, M. ogouensis.

This animal, however, is the real deal, with its distinctive black face - the first time I've seen the species. As far as I'm aware there are no others in Europe.

Living in a mixed exhibit with Pygmy Hippos, Sitatunga, Drills, Mona Guenons, Egyptian Geese and African Black Ducks.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bioparc Valencia
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    27 Jun 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    173.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1071px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D80
    Date / Time:
    2011:05:28 12:42:26
    Exposure Time:
    10/5000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 360
    Focal Length:
    300 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).