Join our zoo community
Giant Panda

Spot the Error(s)

Given zoogiraffe's comprehensive coverage, I won't upload my exhibit photos. If anyone has any requests, though, let me know.

Spot the Error(s)
Giant Panda, 22 Sep 2016
    • Giant Panda
      Given zoogiraffe\'s comprehensive coverage, I won\'t upload my exhibit photos. If anyone has any requests, though, let me know.
    • Chlidonias
      most of their signs (of the pictured ones) seem like pretty good signage. There are some minor mistakes here and there but nothing too bad usually (Lemur catta excepted!). I can't see anything wrong with this one with a cursory scan.
    • gentle lemur
      I think that research is now showing that oxpeckers are more parasites than 'friends' to their hosts. Eating ticks that have already had a blood meal is of little direct benefit to a rhino and the birds also reopen wounds to drink blood.

Alan
    • Giant Panda
      @gentle lemur: interesting stuff. I was being more pedantic with this one: surely if you're going to specify white rhino, it should be the fourth largest land mammal. Without looking it up, I was also under the impression that Indians could be heavier.
    • gentle lemur
      I wouldn't quibble much with third largest, but second largest is taking lumping too far: African and Indian elephants are undoubtedly different and both get bigger than any rhino. I don't think it contradicts the Book of Genesis to say so either ;)

Alan
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Noah's Ark Zoo Farm
    Uploaded By:
    Giant Panda
    Date:
    22 Sep 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count: