Join our zoo community
LaughingDove

Spotted Giant Flying Squirrel - Fraser's Hill

May 2018

Spotted Giant Flying Squirrel - Fraser's Hill
LaughingDove, 13 Sep 2018
    • Chlidonias
      From this photo, this animal looks like P. elegans not P. petaurista.
    • LaughingDove
      Yep, you're right. Thanks for pointing that out. I saw both species at Bukit Fraser, and didn't look at this picture properly before uploading, the difference between the two species is much more obvious from a different angle.
      Chlidonias likes this.
    • Chlidonias
      Do you have any good photos of a Red Giant? I don't have a melanotus photo for the Rodent thread.
    • LaughingDove
      Nothing recognisable of Red Giant from Bukit Fraser, but I do have one that is at least recognisable as a Red Giant from Taman Negara. I wouldn't call it 'good' and it's probably not usable for the thread but I've uploaded it in case you want it. You can just about tell what it is.

I've got much better Red Giants from Borneo of course, but you've presumably got that subspecies already.
    • Chlidonias
      Erm, no that one's not really usable. I like your description of "a bit of motion blur" though :p

I'm going to delete it now...
    • Chlidonias
      Oh, and the one I have for Sabah is only okay, not great, so if you have some good ones then I can use one of those.
    • LaughingDove
      I was on a boat when I took that. :D

I'd like to see you try taking a picture of a distant squirrel up a tree in the pitch black from a boat. :p
    • Chlidonias
      You're assuming I would be able to find any mammal at night to start with...
      FunkyGibbon likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Malaysia - Wildlife
    Uploaded By:
    LaughingDove
    Date:
    13 Sep 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    542 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1710px
    Height:
    1920px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 750D
    Date / Time:
    2018:05:28 16:19:59
    Exposure Time:
    1/40 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 6400
    Focal Length:
    280 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).