Join our zoo community
TinoPup

Staten Island Zoo - Venezuelan troupial, unknown bird (tanager?)

Staten Island Zoo - Venezuelan troupial, unknown bird (tanager?)
TinoPup, 24 Jan 2021
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • red river hog
      The blue one is a Blue-gray Tanager (Thraupis episcopus)
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @red river hog thank you! Was the sign working on your visit? It was messed up on mine, and of course this is the one exhibit where I couldn't easily ID everything
    • red river hog
      @TinoPup Yeah the sign was working for me. In case you missed any, the species list is White-eared Titi, Goeldi's Marmoset, Saffron Finch, Blue-gray Tanager, Venezuelan Troupial, Cattle Egret, Hoffmann's Two-toed Sloth, and Southern Tamandua.
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @red river hog Thanks! Sloth and tamandua?! The only sloth I saw was in the next exhibit (with the steps), and the tamandua was outside.
    • red river hog
      @TinoPup I saw the sloth in the little box that the tanager is sitting on and I think they brought in the tamandua for cold weather because I saw its foot poking out of a hammock on the opposite end of the exhibit.
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @red river hog It was cold when I visited, I was surprised the tamandua was outside, so that makes sense. It's a lot of animals in that one exhibit, though! Maybe the sloths don't get along.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Staten Island Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    TinoPup
    Date:
    24 Jan 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4.8 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    2268px
    Aperture:
    f/1.7
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G955U
    Date / Time:
    2021:01:20 11:06:45
    Exposure Time:
    1/60 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    4.25 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).