Join our zoo community
Chlidonias

striped hyaenas, Mumbai Zoo

striped hyaenas, Mumbai Zoo
Chlidonias, 8 Jan 2017
    • Chlidonias
      these appeared to be feeding cages - each was connected to the larger cages at the sides. One hyaena was asleep, the other was walking around with a big chunk of meat. There were also some cats and some mongooses looking hopeful...
    • zooboy28
      Do you mean wild mongooses? You didn't mention mongooses in your zoo thread, are they common in the zoo (and the city)? What species? I'm not up to Mumbai on your trip thread yet (the last bit I read was landing in Sri Lanka), so you might have covered mongooses there I guess.
    • Chlidonias
      they were Indian Grey Mongooses Herpestes edwardsii, and yes they were wild ones. The ones in the hyaena cage were actually the only ones I saw at the zoo, but I saw them at the Little Rann of Kutch as well (further north, in Gujarat). However I usually see at least a few mongooses at Indian zoos I've visited, although my sample size is admittedly small...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Mumbai Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Chlidonias
    Date:
    8 Jan 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    6.5 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4272px
    Height:
    2848px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 1100D
    Date / Time:
    2016:12:30 18:50:13
    Exposure Time:
    1/30 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).