Join our zoo community
Najade

Striped Possum (Dactylopsila trivirgata)

Striped Possum (Dactylopsila trivirgata)
Najade, 1 Apr 2018
    • Kakapo
      :eek::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I desperately neeeeeeeed to see one!
    • Chlidonias
      That's excellent. Pity about the background, but still a lovely animal.

It does show the size of the animal very well though.
    • TeaLovingDave
      @Kakapo Get yourself to Plzen and ask to go offshow; it's the best chance you will have short of travelling to Asia!
      Kakapo likes this.
    • Kakapo
      I already was at Plzen, and thanks to a friend I managed to see the offshow bird room. But nothing about mammals, except a pair of lesser hegdehog tenrecs kept in the same room...

In the same travel I go to Prague Terrarium that by this time had striped possum behind the scenes, but I asked the girl and she denied me to see it.
    • Najade
      Then I guess this and this will only add salt to the wound?:p
    • FunkyGibbon
      @Kakapo Sounds like you missed the off-show mammal rooms :eek:
    • TeaLovingDave
      @Kakapo The offshow mammals were in the same room as the larger offshow birds (things like parrots, kookaburra and so forth) - I suspect you did have access to them but didn't see anything inside the cages at an initial glance and hence thought they were empty :(
    • Kakapo
      No, I only saw one room. And some larger bird are in fact in these same room (a very inquisitive kea and a philippine cockatoo, also a coppery-tailed peacock-pheasant, these are the largest I remember - no kookaburra). Anyway probably a visit to the mammal section would have been worst, since I wasted all my camera battery in the bird room, so now I would be just thinking in the so many "lost chances" (animals seen but not photographed).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas
    Uploaded By:
    Najade
    Date:
    1 Apr 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4.8 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4272px
    Height:
    2848px
    Aperture:
    f/3.5
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 1100D
    Date / Time:
    2018:03:14 12:35:29
    Exposure Time:
    1/40 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1000
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).