Join our zoo community
zoogiraffe

Stuffed Lion in the Education Room

Stuffed Lion in the Education Room
zoogiraffe, 2 Jan 2010
iluvwhales likes this.
    • Parrotsandrew
      This is Carlon, the last male in the old exhibit unless you count the Asiatics housed on behalf of Chessington for a while.
    • woody505
      "my name is Carlos I lived in the zoo until I died of old age 15 years old. my skin is real but my eyes tongue and teeth aren't. I am here to show you what I Looked like when I was alive"
    • Parrotsandrew
      Have they put "Carlos" on a sign? It was CARLON!!!!

I have no idea how to do a link but a photo of the name board is on page 34 of this gallery (the pet names are correct if not the scientific name). Oh, I wonder if I can copy it in on "go advanced".

Not with my knowledge of technology! I've just had three goes, but have no idea where the photo has gone.
    • woody505
      I probably got it wrong had to zoom in very far and got very blurred to read what the lion was saying
    • Elephas Maximus
      The thread should be renamed to 'Taxidermy lion', since this one is NOT stuffed! Please don't call him so, it's a disgrace.
      Btw where are his whiskers? Pulled away by some filthy children?
    • LaughingDove
      I don't think it really matters whether it is called taxidermy or stuffed. They are pretty much synonyms as far as I can tell but I am no taxidermy expert;).
    • Elephas Maximus
      Toys are also called 'stuffed animals' but they're really stuffed, unlike taxidermy mounts and this lion in particular.
    • Parrotsandrew
      Ah, I'll have to see if I can check on my next visit.
    • Parrotsandrew
      I popped into the Education Centre on Monday, but Carlon was not saying anything!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Flamingo Land
    Uploaded By:
    zoogiraffe
    Date:
    2 Jan 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    185.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix E510
    Date / Time:
    2009:10:10 10:40:24
    Exposure Time:
    10/53 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    6.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).