Join our zoo community
DelacoursLangur

Sulawesi Knobbed Hornbill

I was not aware they had this species, with only 10 distributed among 5 institutions as of last year (according to https://www.zoochat.com/community/threads/asian-hornbills-in-north-america.468332/). They must be new arrivals, which makes me wonder which zoo lost them?

Sulawesi Knobbed Hornbill
    • Great Argus
      Interesting, I wonder if this is Sacramento Zoo's? But why would Seaworld acquire them?
    • DelacoursLangur
      @Great Argus Ya it seems a strange choice to send such a rare species in the US to SeaWorld of all places. I would guess Sacramento or the Safari Park, im visiting the latter tomorrow so il check.
    • Great Argus
      @DelacoursLangur I know the Safari Park has the species no longer on display for sure, the aviary had a Knobbed Hornbill icon over it on the map, but was occupied by Palm Nut Vulture. Considering the closeness of the safari park it would seem more logical distance-wise, but I don't know why they would send the birds there instead of a zoo like Omaha, Bronx, or Dallas...
    • Hipporex
      @Great Argus These animals have been here for years, long before Sac Zoo got rid of their's
      Great Argus likes this.
    • Great Argus
      @Hipporex That's interesting, thanks for that information!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    SeaWorld San Diego
    Uploaded By:
    DelacoursLangur
    Date:
    12 Apr 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    7.2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    6016px
    Height:
    4000px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D3200
    Date / Time:
    2019:04:10 23:48:28
    Exposure Time:
    10/6400 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    55 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).