Join our zoo community
Eagle

Sumatran Orang-Utan Schubbi with Small-clawed otters

The Asien part was opened on 5th March 10. The Zoom-Erlebniswelt is now finished. The group came from Basel in December 2009.

Sumatran Orang-Utan Schubbi with Small-clawed otters
Eagle, 7 Mar 2010
SimonBio and Beastking04 like this.
    • Eagle
      The Asien part was opened on 5th March 10.
      The Zoom-Erlebniswelt is now finished.

The group came from Basel in December 2009.
    • chizlit
      Great shot, amazing interaction.
    • GillP
      Great picture ! Let's hope the 2 species provide lots of mutual interest for each other.

I had no idea the Zoom Erlebniswelt existed but was prompted by this shot to find out more and it looks absolutely fantastic. There are 7 Sumatran orangs there including one who is 51 if I've read it correctly (in a German article).
    • Eagle
      Could you give me the link?
    • zooman
      WOW, this looks like a great mixing of species.
    • Pertinax
      A really interesting photo..
      As mentioned above, the Orangutans are from Basel but I'm not sure if this is a permanent move or just a loan while Basel's Ape House undergoes major refitting. The 51 year old is maybe the female 'Elsi' though I thought she was to remain at Basel throughout.
    • Eagle
      @zooman: Indeed, this is the best Orang enclosure I know, even better than the new in Frankfurt!
      But outdoors seems not so good to me because of the watermout, the outdoorcage in Munich is better than the island in Gelsenkirchen.
    • GillP
    • leclub
      @Eagle
      i don't think that the outdoor exhibit is worse than the munich one,of course there is the problem of the moat but munich is much smaller.has less climbing structures,no natural climbing oppurtunities and less hiding places(i hope there'll be quite a few in Gelsenkirchen when everything is growing)
      but you can persuade me that munich is better if you want.
    • Eagle
      @leclub: I think time will show us which exhibit is better..
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZOOM Erlebniswelt
    Uploaded By:
    Eagle
    Date:
    7 Mar 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    676.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    1195px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D60
    Date / Time:
    2010:03:06 17:38:02
    Exposure Time:
    2/30 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    55 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).