Join our zoo community
Arizona Docent

summer Saturday nights

June 27, 2010. These are NOT captive - these are wild bark scorpions fighting! There is a wall where lots of scorpions live and the docents (and some regulars) hang out there with black lights. Scorpions are fluorescent under black light, except for babies. See the dark spots on the back of the lower one? Those are babies riding on momma's back!!! I was able to take this (handheld) because I have an image stablized lens and, more importantly, a high end digital SLR that I set the ISO to 6400.

summer Saturday nights
Arizona Docent, 28 Jun 2010
    • Arizona Docent
      June 27, 2010. These are NOT captive - these are wild bark scorpions fighting! There is a wall where lots of scorpions live and the docents (and some regulars) hang out there with black lights. Scorpions are fluorescent under black light, except for babies. See the dark spots on the back of the lower one? Those are babies riding on momma\'s back!!!

I was able to take this (handheld) because I have an image stablized lens and, more importantly, a high end digital SLR that I set the ISO to 6400.
    • Hix
      Great photo!!!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
    Uploaded By:
    Arizona Docent
    Date:
    28 Jun 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    42.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    432px
    Height:
    349px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Date / Time:
    2010:06:26 20:43:39
    Exposure Time:
    1/15 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1250
    Focal Length:
    105 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).